Thursday, August 21, 2008

Censorship ala Malaysia Today

I will not get a chance to post commentaries to Malaysia Today. They rejected my application as member, which would have enabled me to post commentaries.

I guess that they only want selected readers to give commentaries. And they will select only their supporters. That’s why you will see only high praises to Petra every time he posted his articles.

I would like to remain anonymous and not give my proper name to them. And based on that “technicality”, they rejected my application. May be they thought that I am a government stooge that will do them great damage.

I am not a government stooge. I am still a newbie in the blogsphere. I am just a minnow and not affiliated to any political party nor any NGO.

Appended below is my email thread to Malaysia Today for all to see:


From labisman
To Juru Blog

Date Thu, Aug 21, 2008 at 10:21 PM
Subject Re: Malaysia Today - Membership Registration
mailed-by yahoo.com
signed-by yahoo.com

hide details 10:21 PM (34 minutes ago) Reply


Coward? hahhaa.. Dont even dare too use your proper name..
You are calling others coward. Excellent.
Let us be coward.. We know what you guys are capable of..

Oh!! yeah.. this is not Petra... Petra got better things to do.
Even i have quality things to do, other than debating with people like you .
So, this is my last reply..You can email what ever you want again & again. Wont Reply/read.

Cheers,
MT Admin - http://mtadmin.livejournal.com/
-----------------------------------------------------------
Malaysia Today - Your Source Of Independent News
-----------------------------------------------------------




----- Original Message ----
From: Juru Blog

- Hide quoted text -
To: labisman
Sent: Thursday, August 21, 2008 2:03:17 PM
Subject: Re: Malaysia Today - Membership Registration


Petra,

I do not want to bother giving my proper name to people like you.

Is this how you screen your membership: only to those who would support your articles? Why are you so afraid to allow non-supporters like me?

Forever, you will be disillusioned with the level of support from the netizens who reads your articles.

Don't remain as a coward.


On Thu, Aug 21, 2008 at 1:49 AM, labisman wrote:

After reading your beautifull blog and comments regarding Malaysia Today in your Blog
here: http://jurublog.blogspot.com/2008/08/shafees-dare-riles-petras-supporters.html

I was wondering, why you want to be a member of malaysia today. try your experiments else where.
I liked your last sentence of your this article.. Keep It Up..

Since when is your proper name "jurublog"? Any problem in reading/understanding English?


Cheers,
MT Admin - http://mtadmin.livejournal.com/
-----------------------------------------------------------
Malaysia Today - Your Source Of Independent News
-----------------------------------------------------------




----- Original Message ----
From: Juru Blog
To: labisman@yahoo.com
Sent: Wednesday, August 20, 2008 4:53:30 PM
Subject: Malaysia Today - Membership Registration


Name: jurublog
Desired username: jurublog
Password: labisman
Email address: jurublog@gmail.com

Introduction: I am actually a newbie in the blogsphere. My blog is jurublog.blogspot.com. I neither like the current leadership nor I like the opposition. I like to browse the internet and read the news and views in the blogs, including Malaysia Today. I seldom participate in commentaries. But Malaysia Today seems to be the most difficult blog to obtain permission to post commentaries. I do not want to reveal my details because I prefer to remain anonymous. Believe me, I am neither UMNO nor PKR member.

No comments: